Sunday 11 August 2013

Varg Vikernes- The Murder of Euronymous

Kristian Larsson Vikernes, A.K.A Varg Vikernes, is a musician and writer who founded the one-man Black Metal band Burzum in 1991. He partook in 3 church arsons(which I am in complete support of) with other members of the Black Metal scene.

In 1993, he recorded an album with fellow Norwegian Black Metal band Mayhem, in which he played Bass.

Euronymous, who played guitar for the almost 30 year old band, often encouraged fellow band member Dead to kill himself. Euronymous loved the idea of Mayhem being an "evil" band, and it has been said that he didn't think there was ANYTHING in this world that was sick, twisted or cruel.

After Dead's suicide(R.I.P), Hellhammer, the drummer, had this to say:


"Øystein(Euronymous) called me up the next day ... and says, "Dead has done something really cool! He killed himself!". I thought, have you lost it? What do you mean cool? He says, "Relax, I have photos of everything". I was in shock and grief. He was just thinking how to exploit it. So I told him, "OK. Don't even fucking call me before you destroy those pictures"

One of the pictures was then sent to Warmaster Records to be put on the cover of the band's live album, "Dawn Of The Black Hearts".

It was rumoured that Euronymous stewed and ate parts of Dead's brain, and made necklaces from bits of his skull. After an interview with the band, he denied the eating of his brain but the necklaces that were made was true.

Tensions rose between Varg and Euronymous, which eventually led to the murder of the now former guitarist. Varg explains in this video:





I can't be the only one that thinks Euronymous is a sicko? Right?

Well, here's a heartwarming smile for the camera when Varg was sentenced to 21 years in jail:


Love you Varg. You can have my babies.



No comments:

Post a Comment